October 28, 2014
October 29, 2014
7&8 Grade Letter
Free Winter Band Concert
Sunday December 14, 2014 High School Auditorium
HCMS & HCHS Bands
- The 7th & 8th grade students need to take their instruments home on Friday, Dec. 12.
- All band students are expected attend and perform in the concert unless there is an emergency or they are extremely ill. Mrs. Lucky will need confirmation of the emergency or illness the next day of school in order to excuse the absence.
- Arrive at the Harrison County High School Auditorium at 1:00 Sunday and sit in assigned chairs. Eat before you come.
- They must leave their cases in their car but should have their music and instrument when they walk in the auditorium.
- Students should be dressed for the concert: White long sleeved, collared dress shirt that buttons all the way to the top, black dress pants, dark socks, dark shoes, dark belt
- The concert will last about an hour and 20 minutes. Students should stay for the entire concert. They will sit with the band until it is over. I want them to hear and see the older groups so that they know what to look forward to next year.
- I need all students to take their instrument either home or back to the middle school after the concert is over. They can enter the brown side door and place it in their cubby. Do not enter the rest of the school.
- DVD’s of the performance will be on sale. The media department at the high school will be trying to get close ups of the kids as they play. More information will come when I get it from WHHS.
- Please let your child know where you will be waiting for them when the concert is over.
Please remember concert etiquette:
- Do not go to the rest room in the middle of a song and do not re-enter in the middle of a song. Please wait until the song is over unless it is an emergency or there is a child who is creating a lot of noise.
- Please make sure you don’t talk during the performance.
- Silence your cell phones and other electronic devices.
- Thanks for helping make your child’s experience a great one
The kids have worked extremely hard and are looking forward to putting on a great performance for you!!!! Please call if you have questions 588-5887 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org