We are on regular schedule tomorrow. Go to homeroom, take attendance and come to me with your coat, instrument, fingering chart, scale sheet, money for the hibachi grill ready to go.
Pick up a music stand from Mrs. Lucky
Make sure you have your signed permission slip.
BELOW ARE DIRECTIONS AND A SCHEDULE IN CASE YOUR CHILD HAS LOST IT.
Directions to Kentucky State University
District 7 Honors Band
Be at Bradford Hall by 9:00AM Saturday
- From Cynthiana, take 62 to Georgetown
- Take a left when you get to the stop light at the Toyota intersection
- Follow this road until you see the sign that tells you to take a left to get to stay on 62 West. (It will also get you to the 64 Juntion)
- Drive until you can take a right onto 64 West
- Take Exit 58 (the first Frankfort Exit)
- Take a right at the end of the ramp West 60
- Get into the left lane. Take a left onto 676 West
- Take a right onto 1659 North. You will see a small Kentucky State University sign as you turn.
- Take a right onto US Highway 60
- Take a left onto Douglas Street
- Take a left and park in that parking lot and the building is on up that street.
Performance is at 1:30 Dress up for this performance.
I am so proud of you child and their efforts to make the 7th District Honors Band. I will be sending home directions as soon as I get them. This is the schedule for Friday January 9, 2015 and Saturday January 10, 2015.
Friday, January 9, 2015
I will transport them on a school bus for Friday only.
Your child may wear jeans and a nice shirt.
8:15AM Friday January 9, 2015 leave for Frankfort KY
9:00AM Arrive at Kentucky State University and Register
9:30AM Begin rehearsal (7th Gr. To band room 8th Gr. Stage)
10:30AM Directors Meeting
11:30AM 7th Grade Breaks for Lunch (Student’s lunch will be prepaid by me)
12:15PM Begin rehearsal again for 7th grade. 8th Grade will eat lunch at this time.
1:00PM 8th Grade Band rehearsal starts after lunch.
5:00PM Rehearsal Ends.
5:20PM Leave Frankfort for Georgetown.
WE WILL STOP IN GEORGETOWN AND EAT ON THE WAY HOME. PLEASE SEND MONEY FOR THIS MEAL.
I would like to do something special this year. I have made reservations for the Hibachi Grill in Georgetown. They will need around 15.00. This is a fun experience. Let me know if you are not able to afford the meal.
YOUR CHILDREN WILL CALL YOU WHEN WE LEAVE GEORGETOWN SO THAT YOU ARE AT THE MIDDLE SCHOOL TO PICK THEM UP WHEN WE ARRIVE HOME.
Saturday, January 10, 2015
Students need to dress up for this concert. Black pants and white shirt with tie is good for men, Dress, skirt outfit or dress pants and nice shirt for ladies. Ladies may wear their white shirt black pants if they do not have anything appropriate.
PARENTS WILL NEED TO TRANSPORT THEIR CHILD TO SATURDAY’S REHEARSAL AND CONCERT
9:00AM 7th Grade rehearses in the Auditorium.8th Grade rehearses in the band room
11:30AM 8th Grade lunch
12:15AM 8th Grade Warm-up in the band room 7th Grade Lunch Break
1:15PM 7th Grade Warm-up on stage
1:30PM District 7 Middle School Concert in Bradford Hall Auditorium