January 14, 2015
HCMS BAND CALENDAR 2015
Please put this on your calendar.
7th & 8th Gr.———Saturday March 14, 2015 Mandatory Rehearsal 9:00AM- 3:00PM HCMS
6th Gr. ———–—- Rehearse in the cafeteria Thurs. March12 1st and 2nd hours and Tuesday March 17 1st and 2nd hour
6th Gr.—————-Wednesday March 18, 2015 Band Assessment 3:00PM Lexington KY
7th & 8th Gr. ——– Thursday March 19, 2015 Band Assessment 1:40PM Lexington KY
7th and 8th Gr.—— Starry Night Dress Rehearsal –Friday April 24, 2015 until 4:30 at HCHS Auditorium. Performance-Saturday April 25, 2015 Warm up 6:00PM. Performance at 7:00PM. HCHS Auditorium.
6th, 7th & 8th Gr.– Sunday May 17, 2015 Spring Concert 2:00PM/Warm up 1:00 HCHS Auditorium
ALL STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO BE AT THEIR REHEARSALS AND EVENTS. PLEASE WRITE THESE DATES ON YOUR CALENDARS.
December 18, 2014
Everyone will need their instrument the first day back after Winter Break.
Everyone needs their book and instrument.
Our next performance will be March 18, 2014. This is the Kentucky Music Educator’s Band Assessment.
We will perform at Singletary Center for the Arts in Lexington Kentucky.
Students will need to wear:
- Short sleeved white polo shirt
- Kahki tan pants
- Black or brown socks
- Black or brown shoes
- Black or brown belt
We will leave during school but be back after school has been dismissed. Your child will need a ride home from school.
Our performance time is currently 3:40. Parents should arrive no later than 3:15 to watch. It is a free event.
I will need a note the week prior to assessment stating that you will be taking your child from our event in Lexington if you choose for them to not ride the bus back to Cynthiana.
December 3, 2014
Students who do not get their permission slip in for the December 12, 2014 rehearsal at the high school will not get to play in the concert and will need to leave band at the end of the nine week.
Combined Band Rehearsal is Friday Dec. 12, 2014
6th grade students will be with me during 1st, 2nd and 3rd. They must get their missed work, do it and turn it in.
7th and 8th graders will be with me during 5th, 6th and 7th hours. They must get their missed work, do it and turn it in.
It is extremely important that students show respect to their teachers and the discipline that they teach by getting this work turned in completed.
This following information was sent out in November:
FAZOLI’S SPAGHETTI DINNER
The high school band is sponsoring a Fazoli’s Spaghetti dinner on Sunday Dec. 14 before the concert. Buy your 8.00 adult ticket or 5.00 child’s ticket now and eat with us before the concert. Tickets need to be purchased if possible by Dec. 9
Spaghetti with either meat sauce, marinara sauce or fettuccine sauce (your choice)
Lemonade, water or tea
They start serving at the high school cafeteria at 11:30AM and finish at 1:30.
Please make your reservations by sending a check for your dinner made out to HCHS or send cash. Your child can give Mrs. Lucky the money and order of how many meals. She will give that to Mr. Merz and order your meal. Students warm up at 1:00 and 1:15. I would make sure they were eating by 12:15 or 12:30. Tickets will be at the door of the cafeteria when you arrive. This fundraiser will help the high school band pay for travel and yearly expenses. A good meal and a great way to help.
Please consult the blog for any questions on arrival times and what to wear. Call Mrs. Lucky if needed. Everybody needs to be at the concert ready to perform!!!!
November 24, 2014
You will not need to turn in a practice journal for Dec. 28!!!!!! I would like to you to continue practicing.
Combined band rehearsal Friday Dec. 12, 2014
6th Grade will be at the high school from 8:10-10:30
7th and 8th Grade will be at the high school from 12:35-2:30
Students will need to make up work for classes that they miss.
Have a great Thanksgiving and be safe!!!!!
November 3, 2014
We should be working on Up On The Housetop, Jolly Old Saint Nicholas and Jingle Bells. Please have your child play for you. Concert Dec. 14, 2014
They should be practicing 15 minutes at least 4 to 5 times a week.
I will be staying each Tuesday for Woodwinds and Thursday for Brass and Percussion until 4:30. Please encourage your child to stay and get extra help. Of course we will not have Tutoring on Tuesday of this week due to election day.
The first journal of this nine weeks was turned in Oct. 31. Please remind your children to turn in their journal.
October 28, 2014
Will be sent home October 29, 2014 Ask your child for it and put it on the fridge or somewhere so that it is handy when you need it.
6th Grade Letter
Free Winter Band Concert
Sunday December 14, 2014 High School Auditorium
HCMS & HCHS Bands
- The sixth grade students need to take their instruments home on Friday Dec. 12.
- All band students are expected attend and perform in the concert unless there is an emergency or they are extremely ill. Mrs. Lucky will need confirmation of the emergency or illness the next day of school in order to excuse the absence.
- Arrive at the Harrison County High School Auditorium at 1:15 Sunday and sit in assigned chairs. Have a sandwich in your car waiting if you church runs late. Eat before you come.
- They must leave their cases in their car but should have their music and instrument when they walk in the auditorium.
- Students should be dressed for the concert.
- Men should wear dress pants any color, a dress shirt, tie, dark socks, dark dress shoes or boots. No Tennis Shoes No jeans
- Ladies should wear dress pants any color, dress shirt, or dress or skirt and dress shirt. Dress shoes or boots. No Tennis Shoes. No Jeans.
- The concert will last about an hour and 20 minutes. Students should stay for the entire concert. They will sit with the band until it is over. I want them to hear and see the older groups so that they know what to look forward to next year.
- I need all students to take their instrument either home or back to the middle school after the concert is over. They can enter the brown side door and place it in their cubby. Do not enter the rest of the school.
- DVD’s of the performance will be on sale. The media department at the high school will be trying to get close ups of the kids as they play. More information will come when I get it from WHHS.
- Please let your child know where you will be waiting for them when the concert is over.
Please remember concert etiquette:
- Do not go to the rest room in the middle of a song and do not re-enter in the middle of a song. Please wait until the song is over unless it is an emergency or there is a child who is creating a lot of noise.
- Please make sure you don’t talk during the performance.
- Silence your cell phones and other electronic devices.
- Thanks for helping make your child’s experience a great one
The kids have worked extremely hard and are looking forward to putting on a great performance for you!!!! Please call if you have questions 588-5887 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
October 27, 2014
New practice journals have been handed out. The first one for this nine weeks is due Friday October 31, 2014.
We have our Winter Concert coming up Sunday December 14, 2014 at 2:00PM in the high school auditorium.
Please arrive at 1:00PM.
YOU ARE DOING GREAT!!!!!
September 29, 2014
The Music Fundraiser is coming in this Wednesday October 1st!!!!!
The products must be picked up in the HCMS Cafeteria
between 3:30 & 8:00PM on Wednesday!!!!
Make Plans to get this done
Money Turn In Dates:
Monday Oct. 6, 2014 3:30-6:00
Tuesday Oct. 7, 2014 3:30-6:00
Wednesday Oct. 8, 2014 3:30-6:00
THANKS FOR SELLING AND DOING A GREAT JOB ON THE FUNDRAISER!!!!
June 12, 2014
IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2014-2015!!!!
Fundraiser – August 20-September 2, 2014
(Participation in the fundraiser is very important.Â We can’t be a great band if we don’t have the money to repair instruments, buy reads and music and pay for buses for band assessment!)
Winter Concert – Sunday December 14, 2014 at 2:00PM in the HCHS Auditorium.Â Warm up is at 1:00PM.
(Women should wear a dress or skirt that comes below the knee, or dress pants and dress top.Â Men should wear dress pants, dress shirt and tie.Â Dark belt, dark shoes and dark socks.Â No Tennis shoes, blue jeans, sweat shirts.)
Band Assessment – Tuesday March 18, 2015 at approximately 3:00PM in Lexington at the Singletary Center for the Arts.
(The date and time are not set in stone yet but this will more than likely be the date and time.Â Students will need to be picked up at HCMS when they get back or parents may come to watch and take them home from Lexington. )
(All students must wear Kahki Pants, Short sleeved white polo, dark belt, dark socks, dark shoes.Â No tennis shoes.)
Spring Concert – Sunday May 17, 2015 2:00PM HCHS Auditorium.Â Warm up at 1:00PM.
(Students will wear their band assessment clothes.)